Student Loss and Remembrance
The death of a student in our campus community is a tragic event and the university is committed to responding with care and support. Grieving family members, friends, faculty, staff and others who knew the student may all have different needs for support to help cope with the loss and begin the healing process. Frequently used resources include Student Counseling Services and the Office of Student Assistance. Sometimes a student organization, an academic department, or an office will plan individual gatherings and memorials. Staff members from the Dean of Students Office are available to assist as needed.
If you are in need of a support resource and are unsure where to find it, please contact the Dean of Students Office.
What Happens When a Student Dies
When a student passes away, the Dean of Students Office serves as the campus liaison for families, friends and the ISU community. We are here to support all members of the Cyclone family during times of mourning.
Our support includes:
- Organizing grief support for impacted students, faculty and staff
- Providing guidance and resources for families of students
- Notifying appropriate university officials
- Assisting with the development of memorial funds or donations
If you are seeking support or are made aware of a student death, please contact our office at 515-294-1020 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
* This page was created July 1, 2019 as a way to honor and remember current students in the ISU community that have passed. If you do not see a student listed, please contact us at email@example.com.